Friday, October 17, 2008

Ahhh! A Moment to Relax

Tonight Jeremy and Aaron went to the playground, leaving me the chance to sit comfy in front of the fireplace while I imagined a fire burning inside of it. The candles are burning on the mantle and my multicolored mirror shines back the light of the room. Jeremy left some soft music playing in the background and I cannot imagine a better night. I was granted one of the greatest gifts a busy mom could get -- a few moments to herself to relax, to just be.


And isn't that what we all want -- a few moments when the weight of the world isn't quite so heavy, when all the stresses of our jobs and our lives don't seems so large, when we stop and say, "Ahh! Life is good!"



I often wonder how single moms do it. When do they get moments such as these -- Moments to relax and not be mom, but just be?

Now when they come rushing in from the playground I am always glad they are back and always missing them while they are gone.

But the chance to sit and enjoy this God-given moment seems like heaven after this last week. Life is good and my boys are great!




No comments: